The 11 bedroom guest accommodation trading as “ Oban House “ can cater for the needs of many visitors. The following statement is a summary of the facilities provided. If you have any questions which you feel we have not covered in the statement please contact us and we will be only to pleased to answer your questions.
• The physical structure and layout of the building makes the premises unsuitable for people with a serious mobility impairment.
• It is possible to accommodate guests with a hearing or visual impairment if they are accompanied, so as to ensure their safety.
• Information about the Oban House can be accessed via its own website.
• Contact is available via a phone call or e-mail. details can be found on the final page of this statement.
• This access statement is available in all the welcome folders. A version in larger font is available on request.
• The nearest bus stop is approximately a one minute walk away.
• Trams run regularly along the promenade from Star Gate to Fleetwood. The nearest tram stop is 2 minute walk away.
• The nearest major train station is Blackpool North, which is a 5 minute taxi drive or a 20 minute walk.
• Blackpool International Airport is a 20 minute taxi drive away.
• Taxis can be booked for you, please ask at reception.
• Blackpool Town Centre is approximately a 20 minute walk away, a 5 minute taxi ride, or a 10 minute tram ride .
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• If arriving by car, you may park for free and without any restrictions on the road outside the Oban House Hotel, or we have a car park at the rear of the Hotel for 2 cars.
• Assistance with luggage is available.
• A contact telephone number is displayed externally
Main Entrance & Reception
• Access to the standard single width front door is via 4 coloured stone steps
• A wooden handrail runs along the steps on the right side.
• The entrance hall is on the level and has short pile fitted carpet,this is our reception area with a wooden reception desk. There is one step up to a spacious hall way area.
• An escorted familiarization tour of the ground floor public area is given to all guests.
• Telephone contact is available at all times 01253 352413 during the day and night.
• All prices are available at reception. A large copy is available on request.
• Doors to the sun lounge, bar and dining room all lead off the hall.
Public Areas—General ( Internal )
• The building has 3 floors, ie ground, 1st and 2nd. Except for bedrooms, all public areas are on the ground floor.
• Corridors, stairs, bedrooms and public areas are well lit and have fitted short pile carpet.
• The stairs from ground floor to 1st and 2nd floors, are of normal dimensions.
Public Areas— WC
• Situated on ground floor, includes toilet an hand basin.
Dining Room, & Lounge
• We have tables for two if required.
• Chairs are all without arms.
• Special dietary requirements can be catered for with prior notice.
• Background music to dining room is provided.
• The sun lounge is open 24/7,
• No laundry service available.
• None available
• There are 11 bedrooms in total.
• All bedrooms are fitted with short pile carpet.
• All bedrooms are en-suite.
• There are 7 bedrooms on the 1st floor. they comprise of ;
– 2 Family Room ( 1 Double Bed , 1 Bunk Bed )
– 1 Double rooms . ( 1 Double Bed .)
– 1 Twin room ( 2 Single Beds.)
• – 3 Single rooms ( 1 Single bed in each)
• There are 4 Bedrooms on the 2nd floor, they comprise of ;
– 2 Double Rooms. ( 1 Double Bed in each )
– 1 twin room. ( 2 Single Beds. )
– 1 Family Room. ( Double Bed, 1 Bunk Bed. )
• All Double Beds are accessible from both sides.
• All Bedding is non – feather
• Furniture in Bedrooms is movable, on request to the proprietor.
• Each Bedroom has a Freeview T.V. both with remote control.
• All Beds are divan
• Each room has tea and coffee making facilities.
• All Bedrooms have a standard 30 minute fire door, and smoke detectors.
• Each room has a hair dryer.
Shower-room & WC En-suite
• All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, containing a step in shower with a small step, a toilet and washbasin.
• All en-suites have cushioned flooring.
Grounds and Garden
• There is a small, level terrace at the front of the property, which has some large planted pots.
• The terrace flooring is stone bond light brown in colour and no slip, with 1 bench providing a seating area, and in the summer deck chairs.
• Smoking is permitted outside on the terrace. A wall mounted ash bin is provided for the safe disposal of cigarette butts.
• The Oban House is most of the year with exception of January.
• Smoking is not allowed in any part of the building.
• A new L2 fire alarm system has been fitted, which rings very loudly on all levels.
• Front & back doors can be used for evacuation.
• Emergency lighting is fitted to all floors Ground, 1st & 2nd floor landings.
• With the exception of guide dogs, no other pets can be accommodated.
• There is water filled fire extinguishers on all floors.
• There is generally a good reception for mobile phones from all areas.
• Medications, special dietary foods & baby milk can be stored in the kitchen fridge. Although not available 24/7.
• All rooms are provided with a Welcome Folder, among other useful information, this contains telephone numbers for emergency Medical and Dental Services. It also contains the main phone number of the Oban House for use in cases of emergency .
• The Oban House is situated just one road back from the Promenade.
IF AT ANY TIME OF YOUR STAY YOU NEED ANYTHING DURING THE NIGHT PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US EITHER BY YOUR MOBILE RINGING 01253 352413 OR Mobile 07899772248 IF YOU HAVE NO MOBILE COME DOWN THE STAIRS AND RING THE BELL ON THE WALL AT THE RECEPTION DESK AND WE WILL COME OUT TO YOU A.S.A.P.
IF YOU HAVE ANY VALUABLES WITH YOU AND YOU KEEP THEM IN THE BEDROOM THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE HOTEL CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE US TO PUT ANYTHING INTO OUR SAFE FOR SAFE KEEPING. PLEASE ASK SYLVIA OR BRIAN.
WE HAVE AVAILABLE AN IRONING BOARD AND IRON IF REQUIRED DURING YOUR STAY PLEASE ASK ANGELO
IF IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE, YOU WILL HEAR A LOUD SIREN THIS WILL BE THE FIRE ALARM. PLEASE DO NOT PANIC MAKE YOUR WAY SAFELY OUT OF THE HOTEL AND ACROSS THE ROAD OUTSIDE THE LAUNDERETTE AND WE WILL INFORM YOU IF IT IS SAFE TO GO BACK INTO THE BUILDING.
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY EXTRA TEA BAGS,COFFEE,SUGAR OR MILK PLEASE ASK ANGELO.
THIS IS A NO SMOKING HOTEL AND WE KINDLY ASK YOU TO REFRAIN FROM SMOKING UNTIL OUTSIDE THE BUILDING THANK YOU.
BREAKFAST (Continental) – 8:30 to 9:30AM
LOCAL DOCTORS :- NORTH SHORE SUGERY
MOOR PARK HEALTH
FY2 OJG 01253 957666
CHEMIST: HOLMFIELD ROAD